Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A moment of panic...

I dosed Megan tonight and within 5 minutes she came to me and said that her mouth and tongue itched. My heart started racing and I started to panic a bit. I called the after hours answering service and Dr. Wasserman called back and said that it was not that uncommon to develop itching in the mouth. He told me to call back if she worsened or the reaction progressed. He told me to make sure that she drank right after dosing and to try hard to not let the liquid touch around her mouth because the skin is more sensitive and does not have mucus membranes like the mouth does. I had Megan drink a juice box and sat with her for awhile and eventually the itching went away. Ugg, talk about adding more gray hairs to my head.

No comments :

Post a Comment